The Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for directing sales of process instrumentation and services to customers in the Mid-Atlantic USA and will be based out of any major city in the Mid-Atlantic states (SC, NC, VA, MD, DE,WV & PA) and close to a major airport. This position generates revenue by soliciting and obtaining orders; understanding and interpreting technical requirements; providing technical solutions; training customers, ensuring customer satisfaction and developing accounts.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Primary responsibilities include both the effective management of existing customer accounts and the generation of new accounts through lead creation, follow up and direct sales of process instrumentation used in a wide range of industries.
- The Technical Sales Representative also visits customer sites on a regular basis to give sales presentations, perform instrument demonstrations, install new instruments and train customers on the correct use of their equipment.
- The successful candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction are essential for success.
- Frequent overnight travel is required.
- The preferred candidate will possess a B.S. degree in engineering, physics or similar technical field and at least 2 years’ experience in technical sales of analytical or process instrumentation.
- Experience with Process controls/instrumentation his highly desirable.
The client offers a highly competitive compensation package (salary, uncapped commission, profit sharing), company car and an outstanding low-cost benefits package for the full family that starts on day one.