Sr. Product Manager
The primary role of the Senior Product Manager is to drive business growth by identifying unmet customer needs, developing new product to address those needs, and driving launch excellence to maximize time to peak sales. The Sr. PM will develop and execute the strategic plan, resulting in the achievement of short term and long term business objectives. This position is responsible for leading teams and working cross-functionally to shepherd projects through the PDP process and ensuring the portfolio of initiatives is aligned to and achieves our 2020 vision.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
This individual’s primary focus will be leading the product development initiatives and be accountable to deliver new products and line extensions per the product pipeline roadmap. As such, he/she will work closely with the R&D, Regulatory, Sales and Clinical Teams to align commercial strategy with the company’s overall strategic vision. This individual will have a passion for new product development with a customer-centric approach.
• Leading the development of new products and/or suites of products which address unmet customer needs and create a sustainable competitive advantage
• Collaborating with internal stakeholders to lead and drive products through the product development process
• Developing business cases, including financial projections, to support investment and prioritization in new product development.
• Delivering continuity of product innovation into the pipeline
• Identification of unmet customer needs, utilizing market research, voice of customer, voice of sales and voice of technology.
• Drive the company’s efforts to grow its market share in the hospital market, position itself as a leader in LTC and Physician markets and achieve targeted revenue goals.
• Be a role model for company core values and culture.
• Establish strong commitment to invest in developing direct reports.
• Act as a leader within the company and create a culture of accountability, collaboration and urgency.
• Lead Cross-Functional Launch Teams that would include all aspects of bringing products to market including R&D, Sales Leadership, Operations, Supply Chain, Clinical, Legal, Regulatory, etc.
• Build a team of strategic partners to execute tactical plan, ensuring partners meet contractual and budgetary requirements.
1. Number of New Products Introduced
2. Actual Sales Performance of new products launched
3. Adherence to product development timelines
4. Budget Management
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA or Masters level degree is preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and PowerPoint and familiarity with salesforce.com
Advanced communication and organizational skills
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum of 7 years in healthcare industry.
In-line brand management experience.
Upstream product development & downstream product management experience
Line management (i.e. objective setting, evaluation, and feedback; developing people; and creating a culture of accountability)
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Outstanding Marketing and Leadership skills, high level of professionalism
Outstanding project management and team building skills
High-energy, strong sense of urgency, attention to detail
Comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
Proven ability to influence without authority and work with cross-functional teams to develop and deliver brand strategic imperatives.
Ability to provide quantitative and qualitative inputs for the development of business cases and other financial assessments (ROI)
Strong strategic planning and analysis skills in marketing strategy