The Senior Product Manager is responsible for the inbound marketing activities for cloud hosted software products. As the Product Owner, the Senior Product Manager will coordinate efforts of the Product Management team working on the Cloud Services Platform, and is responsible for overall product planning and execution throughout the life cycle of the Platform. The individual in this role gathers, defines, and prioritizes product requirements and use cases. He or she defines product vision and works closely with Engineering, Sales, Product Marketing and Support to ensure profitability and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Senior Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the products support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Marketing, Applied Science, or Engineering. MBA is a plus.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience with cloud based software product management. Water/Utility Industry experience is a plus.
Travel Required. Willing to travel 20%.
1. Defines Product Requirements – determines product specifications and prepares product documents including Product Marketing Specifications, Uses Cases, and Project Business Plans.
2. Market Research – identifies customer and competitor product trends by conducting market research supported by on site customer visits and industry trade association participation. Identifies opportunities for product innovation and product enhancements
3. Product Validation – runs BETA and Pilot programs with early stage products and samples.
4. Product Ownership – defines strategy of the products and manages the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities. Drives the solution set for products across development teams (Engineering, Operations and Product Marketing). Responsible to ensure Marketing deliverables of the PDP (Product Development Process) are implemented, with support from Product Marketing as appropriate.
5. Coaching/Mentorship – provides leadership among SaaS Product Management team.