The Individual will be a key contributor to the future and ongoing success of the company. S/He will play an integral role in determining Public Earnings Guidance, analyzing the Annual Plan and Monthly Forecast. S/He will also work with senior management throughout the company in search of ways to enhance shareholder value and ensure operational strength and flexibility. This individual will be a key contributor to the growth of the department by providing a strong professional presence, technical expertise and a business/operational focus.
- Lead Supervise and manage workload of Financial Analysts on various tasks including but not limited to the items listed below
- Manage development of Financial Analyst
- Consolidation of all submissions for the Annual Planning Process as well as the Monthly Forecast Process and value added analysis for Executive Management
- Evaluation of Forecasts to recommend Public Earnings Guidance
- Preparation of a variety of analyses for the CEO,CFO and VP Investor Relations for the quarterly conference call including the highlighting of new trends which are developing
- Preparation of Board of Director Business Report
- Preparation of Quarterly Audit Committee package
- Creation of CFO’s Presentations to the Board of Directors
- Prepare competitive analysis for Executive/Senior Management and the Board of Directors including value added commentary
- Consolidation and reporting of Weekly Cruise Booking Activity from all of the operating units - highlighting trends for Executive Management
- Assist in the creation of Long-term (five year) financial projections (for Executive Management, the Board of Directors and the Rating Agencies) and by Currency (for Treasury)
- Annually prepare value added analysis of brand and ship ROI’s
- A variety of value added self-initiated ad-hoc analysis as well as analysis requested by Executive Management and other departments
This role is expected to be conducted in a collaborative manner, gaining buy-in for decisions and driving behaviors consistent with global strategy objectives.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: (List manager’s title and include any direct and indirect reporting relationships. For supervisory management positions, list job titles and number of employees reporting into this position
- VP Global FP&A
- Direct report : Two Senior Financial Analysts
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Corporate Controller
- Vice President, Global Tax
- Vice President, Investor Relations
- Chief Strategy Officer
- Brand CFO’s
- Brand FP&A leads
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year university
- Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant or similar certification. Preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 7 years of total experience
- Progressed to the manager level or above
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Direct experience with a large multi-billion international corporation, either as an employee or external auditor
- Superior skills with analytical software, especially Microsoft Excel, and experience with a variety of financial analysis
- Experience with managing process change and/or project management and proven ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong proficiency with Power Point, Hyperion Essbase and Oracle Financial Systems or the equivalent is strongly preferred.
- Creative thinker and solutions oriented
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, team-oriented environment
- “Hands-on” style and detail-oriented approach to analysis preparation and/or review
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Be able to analyze, evaluate and move quickly to support rapid decision making.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Informative and collaborative communications style.
- Tenacious in meeting deadlines, well organized, adept at managing peak workloads
- Uncompromising personal integrity, as well as a high-level of respect for all individuals
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & TRAVEL:
Physical Demands: Work is primarily sedentary where sitting, or optional standing, at your desk is required most of the time; walking and standing are required occasionally. Visual acuity is required to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data, viewing a computer terminal, reading documents, reports and emails.
- Possess a global perspective and be willing to travel occasionally (less than 10%)