Bio- Partners / Lennon Search Associates, a leader in talent identification for nearly 30 years, is conducting a national search for one of our premier clients. Our client recognized as first in software, technology, and cloud-based service products for churches nationally, is organizing for the future by creating a new position for stronger focus in product management for its SaaS premier software line of products.
The position will report to the Sr. Product Director / VP.
Hiring ASAP, The person chosen as Director, Product Management will work to ensure the company delivers products that are valuable to the customer, the company, and its customer partners throughout the product life cycle. This new focused position will create a profitable product strategy and business case for solutions and product priorities, and leads others to achieve the agreed upon vision and goals. This key leader must balance the needs of multiple players, serve as a communications center, and mediate conflicting interests between stakeholders including the development team, sales, marketing, and each valued end user customer. The selected candidate should have vision, skills, experience and desire to continue to personally grow and advance in responsibility within the company.
Headquarters and primary operations are in Florence, a mid-sized South Carolina city recognized for its lifestyle quality and convenience to larger metros, top regional healthcare services, school and universities and the desirable South Carolina Sun Coast. Our client company has been known for over fifty years as a community and regional leader, and recognized as one of the top workplace companies in the state and southeast. It is expected the chosen candidate will reside in the Florence area to become an effective engaged leader / member of the management team. A strong benefit program is provided, and relocation assistance is negotiable .
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conduct market and competitive research to determine win-win positions and opportunities
- Solicit, clarify, and validate input from internal and external stakeholders
- Develop business cases for major product investments
- Lead creation for the product roadmap, working with Development, and ensure corporate-wide communication and alignment to vision and goals
- Coordinate product/solutions roll-out and launch strategies across various business groups (i.e., R&D, Sales, Marketing, Training & Implementation and Support)
- Define and defend product strategy and positioning
- Develop and maintain strong and deep product knowledge
- Prioritize customer problems to rapidly solve.
- Identify new and extended market opportunities for revenue and profit growth
- Communicate a clear and consistent market message throughout organization
- Synthesize key business metrics for product (including P&L), with accountability for agreed targets
- BS or BA Degree with a minimum of 7+ years’ experience as Product Manager or similar lead, or an equivalent mix of education and experience. Total work experience, and in related disciplines with SaaS products of 12-15 years is required . An MBA is an added plus.
- Product Manager certification or equivalent (or ability to obtain certification within 12 months)
- Demonstrated strong leadership and project management skills
- Possess a solid understanding of SaaS software design and agile development processes
- Proven ability to develop business case and launch strategies for new products/features
- Possess a strong track record of success in PM role, including creating and managing budgets
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex analysis, including customer analysis, financial analyses, forecasts and market trends
- Strong ability to collaborate across various disciplines and business segments and to be a source of expertise and influence while leading without direct authority
- Able to work effectively with churches leaders and churches of all sizes across the full Christian marketplace
- Able to travel, primarily for customer visits, up to 35% of time