Business Development for Power transmission solutions utilizing gear drives and brake products for industrial and mobile equipment all over the world. A leader in the industry and as a result of growth, we are searching for a new Business Development Manager. This person can work remotely and is responsible the SE USA region. Ideally this person will already live somewhere in one of these locations: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Maryland, Virginia or West Virginia.
You will be primarily responsible for developing new business with customers, distributors, OEMs, and value-added integrators. Travel expectation is 50%.
- Gain understanding of customer’s business needs, identify success factors and service requirements and incorporate into well-conceived account plans.
- Create and develop internal and external communications related to business development.
- Identify, contact and inform existing and prospective clients of products available through Company.
- Create strategic business development plan to promote Company visibility.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Schedule, facilitate and lead presentations to customers.
- Attend industry trade shows and conferences to establish industry contacts, develop expertise and proactively develop leads domestically and internationally.
- Maintain network of contacts in specified industries for the purposes of finding project leads, identifying market trends and having general and detailed knowledge of markets.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Cold calls, as appropriate, within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Collaborate effectively with various functional teams including Engineering and Operations teams to ensure seamless implementation and effective ongoing account growth.
- Utilize trip reports, sales reports, and activity summaries to keep management informed of sales progress.
- Stay current on competitive moves by competitors, products, applications and general market status.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university in business, engineering, marketing or related field and a minimum of five years industrial sales experience with a demonstrated success in growing sales volume.
- Mechanical Engineering or technical degree preferred.
- Experience in selling heavy equipment / machinery; gearbox knowledge a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident and engaging presentation skills with the ability to articulate a value proposition to a wide range of organizations and functional levels.
- Demonstrated ability in negotiating and closing complex deals which involve: prospecting, proposal development, relationship development and management and leadership.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, confident and tenacious.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.