|Our client, a premier manufacturer of high end building products is seeking a Manufacturer Sales Representative to join their team. This is a sales position focused on selling product through builders, architects, contractors and remodelers through distribution. The goal is to build relationships within the industry to generate specifications for our specialized products. This position covers New England. |
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for all sales within a territory.
- Generate new business and grow existing customer base business.
- Secures appointments with and provide professional presentations to builders, remodelers, contractors, and architectural professionals.
- Be capable of supporting dealer/distribution sales efforts, including securing appointments and prospecting new customers.
- Provide detailed technical expertise on a wide range of products.
- Consult and advise clients as to appropriate building material for each application, effectively detailing the features and benefits of each product.
- Be knowledgeable and aware of competitive products and be capable of positioning our products in an advantageous manner.
- Build strong relationships community based on value added service and performance.
- Effectively track pending projects and keep an up-to-date database of clients -- providing summary reports to sales management as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS NEEDED:
- Attend trade shows and sales meetings as required.
3+ years sales experience preferably in the building materials industry
Bachelor's degree preferred
Excellent communication skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office
Ability to travel as required to fulfill sales requirements and/or attend meetings
Base salary, plus commission,home office based