The client is a privately held, full service residential and commercial landscape maintenance and construction firm providing complete design build construction, and installation services to customers throughout Cape Cod and Southeastern Massachusetts. They are committed to providing their employees with the necessary tools for success and their customers quality products and services. Their growth finds them with a need for a Horticultural Manager to provide senior leadership to the maintenance department.
Pay will be commensurate with experience and for the right candidate, the Company is willing to invest in training to build solid careers as they already do for their existing staff.The Position and Critical Success Factors
The Horticulture manager has two primary responsibilities, 1.) Working with Account Managers and customers to determine and provide the best horticultural products for each situation and 2.) Managing 6-8 Crews performing general and specialized horticulture installations. The Hort. Mgr. oversees all Annual & Perennial Flower Installations, including Fall Color and Bulbs, Christmas Décor and plays a role in the winter program. The successful candidate will possess each the following traits:
- Possesses the ability to gain the confidence of customers and guide them through the development of their horticultural plans.
- Must be a superb people manager on a broad scale and can delegate responsibility effectively.
- Inspires respect from subordinate team while obtaining superior quality of work and desired behavior.
- Has a proven track record in training and development of staff members.
- Has a natural ability to identify sales opportunities that present themselves daily.
- Is passionate about horticulture and is continually eager to learn and mentor staff accordingly.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced business environment that quickly rewards high achievers, and has the capacity to provide rapid career growth.
- Minimum 5-7 years landscape maintenance management experience, preferably in a key divisional or departmental level management role.
- Highly proficient knowledge of landscape maintenance principles including specific experience of plant material and turf grasses within Hardiness Zones 5a-7b.
- Proven ability to train and lead high performing work teams.
- Experience with procurement of high quality materials and equipment utilizing cost effective methods.
- Current industry certification (e.g., CLP, CLT, GCLP) desirable.