Sales & Business Development Manager – Chemical Sales
-Location: Your home based office- Near a Major Airport- TX, OK, NM (maybe others)
- Initially supporting sales in the South Central Region, USA
This hiring process will move quickly, so please don’t hesitate to reach out. Let’s have a conversation soon.
This Sales & Business Development position is open in a growing mid-sized Specialty Chemical Manufacturing Company. They have multiple manufacturing sites in the USA and yet are small enough to quickly adapt and adjust to support customer demands and business growth targets. Expect career stability and advancement opportunities.
What this might be positive career step?
- If you sell it, they will make it! The company is structured to support your Business Development efforts. The VP of Sales is also the VP of Technology. This provides for alignment in the overall growth plans. At the Plant level, the annual capital budgets also allows for ongoing process optimization in alignment with sales targets. From the CEO down, this organization values growth.
- Expect career stability due to market diversity: They sell Specialty Chemical Products into varied industrial segments such that when one industry is in decline, they adapt and focus on growth in a different segment.
- You’ll be rewarded for your success in a position with plenty of visibility. Point in fact, the Sales Manager who was hired last year has already been promoted. They are hiring again to provide targeted assistance. They provide: Competitive base pay + sales incentive program + 401k matching + full medical, dental and other expected employee benefits. The various team members that I’ve spoken with or placed there seem to be happy and productive in their work.
Salary Disclaimer: I am not permitted to openly publish the exact confidential salary range but we can discuss salary details. This posting does represent a minimum base salary estimate but the range is wide and there will be an additional quarterly sales bonus.
The Sales & Business Development Manager, will be the area Technical Sales representative with responsibility for specialty chemical sales and gross margin growth, with an initial focus calling on the Oil & Gas industry. Over the past year, they have hired and made gains with targeted sales in to the Oil & Gas segment and they are now seeking to add an additional Technical Sales and Business Development Manager to support in the South Central Region of the USA. (TX, NM, & OK)
Overall, this is a strategic technical sales position reporting to the Global Sales Manager for a company that manufactures a variety of chemicals. They provide chemicals additives for concrete & wall board manufacturing, a line of water-treatment chemicals, surfactant products to the oil & gas industry (fracking, cement pumping, drilling lubricants), additives for paints & coatings, and a line of products used in food and pharmaceutical manufacturing (flavor enhancers, pH stabilizers, and chemical intermediates).
This Business Development Manager/ Sales Account Manager will use forecasting and analytical skills to target areas for new growth, develop new customers, and maintain relationships with customers and the manufacturing team. This person will be the primary customer sales representative working collaboratively with manufacturing personnel to ensure a high level of customer service.
Responsibilities & Activities:
This person considers all aspects of the relationship with customers while striving to support the existing customer base, and develops new customers:
- Be the direct customer interfaces, calling on clients (ranging from researchers, lab technicians, maintenance & facilities managers, purchasing agents, and corporate executives). Handle technical questions, product performance issues, price quotes and contracts. Also field question regarding delivery and logistics.
- Develop and execute a territory sales plan; Achieve annual sales targets for defined accounts in your territory; Develop new customers to achieve business growth objectives
- Identify additional sales opportunities, both at existing and new accounts
- Gather data on market trends, competitive products, and prices; Propose changes to the product strategic business plan to ensure proper positioning for long term growth
- Prepare proposals and price quotes
- Have direct contact with all existing accounts at least annually; Complete call reports and upkeep the contact file Attend trades shows as the company representative.
Requested background profile…
We are searching for a self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment that is focused on growth. Someone who is hungry to succeed!
- B.S. Chemistry or Engineering degree
- 3 to 7 years’ experience selling specialty chemicals or working as an Application Engineering traveling to customer sites.
- The ability to work collaboratively with manufacturing personnel to understand manufacturing methods and supply chain issues; an early career spent in a manufacturing plant is helpful.
- Best with a “hunter” personality demonstrating a high energy level when interacting with customers.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the appropriate ID required for domestic air travel.
- Must be- Authorized to work for any employer in the USA without restrictions (no current or future restrictions; no sponsorship)
In your cover letter, please tell me how your background experiences line up with the work that is planned. I will call applicants who seem to match the basic requirements and discuss the position/ hiring company details