The Agile Coach drives complex cross-term issues to effective resolution. Incumbents are expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently, with guidance limited to unusual or complex projects or issues. They are fully competent in use of Agile concepts and procedures. This role should be fully adept to assess/modify approaches in managing multiple Agile frameworks.
· Actively coach Scrum Teams using hands on mentorship and support of planning and optimization of Scrum-based Agile Software Development Methodology (ASDM)
· Running 3 teams, simultaneously, at various stages of transformation.
· Act as a servant leader in guiding a team to successful Agile practices
· Attend team ceremonies to coach team to maximum potential
· Co-Locate with team as much as possible to ensure informal communications
· Strategize with Scrum Master, Product Owner, Project Manager and Lean Leaders for ASDM optimization and Team Success.
• Communicate forecasted coaching commitment to the Agile Lead for planning purposes
• Contribute to the Enterprise implementation and optimization of client’s Agile Scrum-based software development alternative to waterfall
• Provide process and role-based training to new and existing Agile teams and stakeholders
• Evangelize Agile best practices and support development of Agile culture
• Assess team performance and recommend ongoing training / coaching needs
· Provide proactive feedback to team members, Scrum Master, Product Owners and Lean leaders through individual and group sessions
· Provide role based or topic based training as need for the team
· Escalate impediments as needed and Engage PMO Agile Team as needed
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of client’s Agile methodology (ASDM) and assets
· Provide insight into process and rigor training, best practices and team trouble spots
• Active participation in implementing and supporting client’s Agile Community of Practice (CoP)
· Engage in CoP events as a SME in general Agile Practices, ASDM and team member development
· Facilitate Role Based Practioner Groups, training sessions, Lunch and Learns, feedback sessions and focus groups
• Educate knowledge-seekers through group instruction and 1x1 consults
• Keep up to date on industry best practices and recommend new tools and processes, communicate best practice discoveries applicable to client.
· Agile Scrum experience. 5+ years Scrum Master experience with a strong overall knowledge of Agile Methodologies.
· Must have 3+ years of recent, relevant pure Agile Coach Transformation experience.
· Experience moving teams and organizations from Waterfall to Agile methodologies/Agile Transformations
· Experience with Agile software development tools and multiple Agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
· Agile process setup and management of industry-leading tools such as VersionOne, Rally, TFS, JIRA or similar tools
· Prior Agile training and coaching experience.
· Strong collaboration and partnership skills- servant-leadership approach and mentality
· Strong communication and presentation skills - personable and comfortable facilitating discussions from C-level to practitioners
· Effective negotiator and team player. Enjoys collaborating and effectively manages conflict with a goal of establishing win-win situations Bonus
· Agile Coach Certification (or) Scrum Master Certification (CSM)
· Education Requirement: Bachelor Degree preferred